Welcome to Christa McAuliffe Elementary!
News & Announcements
***FCAT April 14 - 17***
CONGRATULATIONS...MRS. WISE Christa McAuliffe's 2014 Lighthouse Award Recipient!
• NO SCHOOL - 3/14/2014 Teacher work day.
• NO SCHOOL - 3/15/2014 - Cape Charter Schools system-wide Chick-Fil-A Lighthouse Award Breakfast 9 - 11am
• Spring Break - 3/17 - 3/21/2014 No School
• Spring Break Horse Camp - 3/17 - 3/21/2014 8:30am to 4:30pm. For more information see flyer.
• PTO Meeting- 3/4/2014 Please join us in the CME cafeteria from 7 to 8pm
• Chick-Fil-A Spirit Night - 4/17/2014 Please join us 5 - 8pm at the Chick-Fil-A on Pine Island Rd for Spirit Night.
• Charter School Rally- 4/27/2014 Please join us for our First Charter School Rally system wide fundraiser!! Rally takes place at the German American Club on April 27th 2014 from Noon to 6:00 pm. Games, Raffles, car show, bounce houses, food and beverages for sale and a whole lot more… Sponsors are need!! Please click on the following link for more information! Sponsor Info and Vendor Booth Info
• Premier Auto Service - Supports our Charter School System in many ways...Let's support them in return! **Coupon**
• SchoolStore.com - For information on our new and easy fundraiser **Click Here**
• 2014-15 VPK Enrollment: Information Flyer
Our primary method of communication to families is through our Cape Coral Charter School Authority K12 Alerts System. Please be sure to sign up so that you can receive updated information.
We were honored to have House Representative Dane Eagle come and discuss the Constitution with a few of our classes. He was even on our morning news and agreed to a short interview. Thanks for coming to Christa McAuliffe!
Science Lab Fun
3rd Grade Roman Battle
Why choose CME?
þ Accelerated classes for gifted and high performing students in each grade level
þ Challenging Language Arts and Math curricula as well as Social Studies and Science
þ Science lab, art, music, P.E. and media specials as well as daily recess
þ Small class sizes with a hands-on learning environment
þ Paraprofessionals on every grade level
þ Many before and after school clubs offered (including math, chess, drama, sports, gardening, reading, and more!)
þ Beautiful campus located next to Jim Jeffer’s Park
þ Closed campus, security cameras, and a School Resource Officer
þ State of the art airnasium
þ Warm family environment
þ Quick and easy carline J
þ Before and after care provided for a reasonable fee
¨ Core Knowledge Curriculum
¨ Common Core Standards
¨ Creativity embraced in teaching and learning
¨ Houghton Mifflin Harcourt “Journeys” basal series, Guided Reading, Spalding Phonics, Accelerated Reader and novel studies
¨ Houghton Mifflin Harcourt “Go Math”
¨ Special classes for Art, Music, PE, Media Center, Science Lab
¨ Curriculum related field trips
¨ Hands-On Core Knowledge Events like Christmas Around the World, Pioneer Day, Greek Festival and a Roman Battle
¨ Annual Events to focus on subject areas like Science Fair, Vocabulary Parade, Art Gallery, Wax Museum, Math Challenge and Choir/Drama Performances
It is a requirement that each family spend 30 hours of parent involvement time at our school during the year. Research clearly shows that when parents value, support and engage in education, the children achieve at a higher rate. We have a multitude of opportunities to become involved in our family-oriented school.
All employees and volunteers are fully background checked.
In each classroom:
¨ Student computers
¨ 77” Smartboard
¨ Digital Docucam
¨ Two mobile laptop labs
¨ SMART Response wireless remotes
¨ State of the art TV production studio