Christa McAuliffe Elementary strongly believes that parent involvement plays a critical role in the growth, development, happiness and success of a child in school. We encourage and invite parents to become involved in their child's education. We offer many opportunities for involvement, which can be accomplished in or out of the classroom, at events, or at home.
Background Clearance must be obtained for each volunteer:
If you have questions regarding your clearance status, please call (283-4511) or email our Parent Involvement Coordinator,
Prior to obtaining background clearance:
- You are able to volunteer in the general areas such as the Cafeteria, Media Center, or the Office.
- You are not eligible to volunteer in the classroom or any scenario which requires student chaperoning or one-on-one interaction.
Any family member can participate. A background clearance must be obtained for each person.
Once you receive clearance notification, you are free to GET INVOLVED in every capacity including:
Media Center Volunteering
PE/Field Day Volunteering
At Home Volunteering
PTO Event Volunteering
Other Event Volunteering
Hours Reporting and Tracking:
During School Hours:
- All volunteers must sign in and out at the main office.
- You will automatically receive credit for all hours through this check-in system.
- You must sign out in order to receive credit for your hours.
- If you sign out after the office is closed, you must leave your name badge from sign in with your teacher & write the time you left on it. They will turn it in so that your check out time can be input manually.
Outside of School Hours:
- The CME staff person that requested your assistance will complete a PINK FORM and they must submit to the Parent Involvement Coordinator to report your hours.
- The PINK FORM requires staff signature in order to be processed.